You really can't go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries especially if you're looking for a simple Valentine's Day treat. Homemade desserts don't have to take a lot of time or effort, and teamed with a bottle of vino or bubbly, these little taste sensations are the perfect accompaniment for a romantic night in.
Valentine's Day wouldn't be Valentine's Day if it didn't involve chocolate, and chocolate covered strawberries are simple enough to whip up in just a few minutes. If you get impatient and don't wait to wait for them to refrigerate, this also doubles up as a decadent fondue and melted chocolate is always a good idea.
So, grab yourselves a box of strawberries, a few bars of chocolate, and get ready to create the perfect Valentine's treat. This recipe will create roughly 10-12 medium-sized strawberries, but it's hard to go wrong with it and it's not exactly a bad thing if you end up melting too much! To mix it up a bit, chop up some banana or pineapple and place them on small skewers or cocktail sticks, and coat those in a layer of chocolate too.
Opt for high-quality chocolate like Lindt or Green & Blacks for a thinner layer of chocolate, or Galaxy or Cadbury's chocolate buttons for a slightly thicker covering. Don't forget to check out my post on keeping the spark alive this Valentine's Day if you're stuck for ideas on what to do with your love! Enjoy 🙂
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 10-12 medium strawberries
- 150 g milk or dark chocolate
- 50 g white chocolate
- Baking/parchment paper
- Sprinkles and/or chocolate shavings
- Rinse and pat dry the strawberries (don't dip them when they're wet)
- In the meantime, melt the milk/dark chocolate in either the microwave in a microwavable bowl, or in a heatproof bowl above a small pan of boiling water. When it's fully melted, take it off the heat and melt the white chocolate in a small bowl.
- Starting with the milk chocolate, dip the strawberries into the chocolate and cover completely. Place them onto the baking paper, and garnish with sprinkles/chocolate shavings/a drizzle of white chocolate.
- Repeat until all of the strawberries are covered.
- Refridgerate for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!