If there’s one thing I love more than a fruit smoothie bowl, it’s a chocolate one! I pulled this bowl together in just a couple of minutes and it tastes divine. Since it’s packed with hearty ingredients it filled me up pretty quickly too, so I’ve saved the leftovers for a healthy dessert later on.
You’ll notice that i've used frozen banana in this too. Using a frozen banana rather than fresh makes the consistency thicker, creamier and more like a mousse than a runny smoothie. However, if you’re reading this in a morning and you don't have a frozen banana at hand, use a normal one instead. Just go easy on adding the milk so the mixture doesn’t thin out too much. If it does, add a little more fruit or peanut butter and that should thicken it up.
Also, if you’re wondering what’s the deal with cacao and cocoa, check out my latest post that compares the two! I hope you enjoy this recipe and as always, drop me a comment & let me know if you give it a go.
Peanut Butter Cacao Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful fresh/frozen blueberries
- Handful frozen cranberries
- 4 tbsp milk dairy or non-dairy
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder/cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter
- Blend the frozen banana, blueberries, cranberries and milk until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder and peanut butter and blend.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a couple of ice cubes or a splash of milk. You don't want it to be too runny as the toppings won't sit properly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, leave to sit for 2 minutes then add your toppings!