When you think of the word 'dessert', what springs to mind? Something sweet? Chocolatey? Unhealthy?
While the first two are absolutely true, the third doesn't always apply. Delicious doesn't have to mean unhealthy - and this recipe proves just that! The combination of avocado, cocoa and banana creates a creamy, dense and rich mousse that will satisfy even the sweetest of sweet tooths. You can pull this chocolate avocado mousse together in just a few minutes. Throw the ingredients into a blender et voila! You're done. Amazing, right?! This recipe is egg free & dairy free (if you opt for non-dairy milk) and is perfect for any occasion (i.e. both Netflix nights and dinner parties).
Let me know if you give this a try - i'd love to hear your thoughts. If you're mad on chocolate treats, you might want to check out my cacao breakfast bowls too! Enjoy 🙂
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder sieved
- 3 tbsp nut butter smooth is better, but crunchy works well too
- 3 tbsp honey / maple syrup / agave nectar
- 1/4 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- Fruit for topping
- Place the avocado, banana, cocoa/cacao powder, nut butter, honey and milk into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into small serving pots, place a bit of fruit on top and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Crunchy nut butter is absolutely fine, but it adds a slight crunch to the texture. I used crunchy peanut butter, but I think smooth would work better.