Who could say no to cookies for breakfast? Definitely not me! You probably know that i'm a sucker for a good breakfast, especially when it comes to smoothie bowls. But I fancied shaking things up a bit and creating a breakfast meal that requires zero preparation in a morning - perfect for those who don't have time to whip anything up first thing.
These banana breakfast cookies are so delicious, so easy to make, and super healthy too. With the combination of oats, nuts, hemp seeds, banana, dates and some dark chocolate, they provide the perfect morning energy boost you need in a morning. They're also naturally sweetened and high in protein, and will keep you satiated and satisfied throughout the morning. Just make a batch at the weekend then you're all prepped with a healthy brekkie for the whole week!
If you start to get bored of cookies every morning, just crumble them up over a bowl of fruit and yoghurt and you've got yourself some healthy granola. A scoop of peanut butter would work really well too (just add it when you add the honey and coconut oil), and if you're not so keen on big chunks of nuts, crush or chop them before you put them into the mix.
Oat & Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup nut mix
- 10 dates chopped
- 25 g dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tbsp honey melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sub oats for gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp nut butter to the mix when you add the honey and coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds for some extra crunch
- Preheat the oven to 190º C / 375º F. Line a large tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix the oats, dates, chocolate, nuts, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and hemp seeds in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork until soft. Scoop it into the bowl, then add the honey and coconut oil, and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop up a small handful of mix and mould into a cookie. Flatten it slightly as you set it down on the tray. If you want to make smaller bite-sized cookies, use less mix.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown. Then enjoy!