Hearty Summer Salad
A delicious recipe for a hearty summer salad.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 1 sweet potato chopped into squares
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber chopped
- 2 handfuls kale chopped
- 1/2 pepper chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- handful fresh cilantro chopped
- sea salt
- 1/2 whole lemon
- olive oil
1. Begin by cooking the quinoa in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa becomes light and fluffy.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potato into small square chunks, and boil in a small saucepan on a medium/high heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
3. To cook the kale, heat a small frying pan and add a drizzle of olive oil and the chopped garlic. When the pan is hot, add the chopped kale and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the kale begins to darken, then set aside.
4. Fill a small pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the eggs and cook for 5 minutes to ensure the eggs are runny in the middle, then peel.
5. While everything is cooking, prepare the raw ingredients. Add the chopped cucumber, avocado, tomato, pepper and cilantro to a large serving bowl, and when the quinoa and sweet potato are cooked, drain and add to the bowl.
6. Season with lemon, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, and mix.
7. Serve up with the soft-boiled eggs on top and enjoy!